Thursday, July 1, 2010

Warsaw (Day 1)

This was the LONGEST DAY EVER! We left Belin at seven in the morning and arrived at our hotel in Warsaw at 9:00. Poland is investing a lot of money into roadways and infrastructure. As a result of the construction, at one point we moved about three kilometers in three hours. Fourteen hours is a really long time to be in a bus unable to move.

I guess good things are worth waiting for patiently. The hotel I am staying at is beautiful and in a nice part of the city. It is centrally located to some of the activities I have planned (with the friends I’ve made on the bus). We had a lovely dinner; I had the opportunity to sit with a couple from Miami who both teach Spanish. After dinner, I went for a walk down a stretch of hops and boutiques near the hotel.

I am really looking forward to some of the activities that I have planned for tomorrow. Several people plan on joing me as I walk over to the Warsaw Uprising Museum (passing through what was once the Jewish Ghetto) and searching for the footprint of the zoo from The Zoo Keeper’s Wife. All of this will happen after a guided walking tour of the city in the morning.

Two specific stories/pieces of information were shared with me that I think relate to the concept of Universe of Obligation. Each story has its own individual entry.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandon,
    I have really enjoyed reading about your experiences so far in Germany. It is such a rich experience when you can interact with the people and learn so much more than you could ever read in history books. I look forward to reading more about your travels. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon,

    I am really enjoying your blogs. They are so interesting and explicitly detailed. I am learning a lot from your experiences. What a great opportunity this must be. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    Barb Geibel

    ReplyDelete